View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #188
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, according to Jim President Obama said "higher gas prices would be good for America" (Jim's quotes).

He's a rational man who's mathematically obsessed with FACTS.

I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

-spence
I have to admit, the only reference I could find was energy secretary Chu who said this...

"“Somehow,” Chu said, “we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...reply&p=924457

Spence, I admit I cannot find a quote attributing that to Obama. Now, will you show us the same courtesy? On the Romney dog thing, yuo said putting the dog on the roof says something about Romney's character. But when asked about Obama's character in terms of Rev Wright, you said that you need to consider the good that Wright did, before yuo make any judgments about Obama's character for associating with him. And for the record, you supplied zero evidence of any good done by Wright (who is a snake that got fabulously wealthy by peddling in hate), you just said you "bet" he's done some good things, too.

Spence, when you said something about Romney's character, why were you willing to makwe judgments based on one bad decision in isolation? In Obama's case, you said we need to consider all the good in connection with the bad. Why don't yuo offer Romney the same courtesy?

Answer...you are a hypocrit.

Lastly, Spence...If Mr Chu said he wants our gas prices to be as high as Europe's, and Obama picks this guy as ENERGY SECRETARY of all things, it stands to reason that Obama is on board.

There's a lot of political hay to be made of that statement for the GOP, when gas prices hit $5 in a few months.