View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #206
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So can you explain from where you get the notion that "THE" republican position on oil is that it's infinite, because it came from God?
That's the position I've inferred after listening to years of Republican pundits ridicule the Left for concern over sustainable energy.

Quote:
Also, according to you, when Wright tells folks that the deds invented AIDS to kill blacks, you're saying he's "trying to get people to think"?? Think about what?
There is a pretty big population, especially within the black community, that subscribes to the conspiracy making it almost somewhat mainstream in those circles.

Considering that the US Government has done some pretty wicked things, The Tuskegee Syphilis Study for instance, or more recently reported...

Vets feel abandoned after secret drug experiments - CNN.com

So even though I don't believe the US Government invented AIDS, I can have some appreciation for, from Wright's perspective, why he might subscribe to such a theory.

If anything it's slightly less kooky than Jerry Falwell's contention AIDS was Gods answer to homosexuality...and Falwell was perhaps one of the most influential ministers in modern times.

Quote:
Spence, every rational person (and you are NOT in that group) knows that Wright is a smutty hate-peddler. Who doesn't even believe his own BS, because he bought a mansion in a neighborhood that's 99.9% white.

But all you can do is COMPLIMENT him by calling him "thought-provoking". I guess you think that peaceful white-supremacist grouos are merely thought-provoking too?

You are really, really pathetic.
I read an interesting article about black churches, it went into the fact that they can sound really angry or even racist at times...but the message really is meant to be positive reinforcement for the black parishioners. From an outsiders perspective that might appear dated, but the race issue in this country really isn't that old when you think about it...

-spence