View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What evidence of serious wrongdoing have you seen? Be specific
"They reported Barr's version of his phone call with Mueller, neither was on that phone call"

Mueller was. Is Mueller saying that Barr was lying about the call?

"What do you think could happen after Trump leaves office and no longer has immunity?"

Lots of things could happen. If I were Trump, I'd think seriously about retiring to a nice place with a non-extradition treaty with the US.

What about the fact that no one close to Trump was indicted? Are their rules that say that no one on the staff, or in the inner circle, of a sitting president can be prosecuted? I heard an awful lot over the last 3 years, that his staff and at least some of his family, would be charged. Didnt happen. Not a single solitary indictment for actions that took place before the investigation started. Zero. You can't tell me, that's not exculpatory. Trump doesn't do it all himself, he delegates the vast majority of what gets done. Mueller found zero chargeable crimes.

"What evidence of serious wrongdoing have you seen? Be specific "

Sure. The DOJ used that garbage Steele dossier (paid for by the Hilary campaign) to get FISA warrants to spy on Carter Page, a US citizen. Page's name was then leaked by the DOJ to the media, who happily reported that he was a Russian agent. They never told the FISA judge the source of the made-up dossier. Would you like it if that happened to you, or to someone you care about?

We also have the emails and texts among senior FBO and DOJ officials who (1) hated Trump and wanted Hilary to win, and (2) were helping to run the investigations into Hilary and Trump. Now, that doesn't mean they did their jobs inappropriately, but we can, and should, look into that.

I'm not a lawyer. And I don't pretend to be non-partisan. But Alan Dershowitz is a highly resected legal mind, and also a diehard liberal, and he was appalled by what he saw, he thinks there's plenty of evidence that the DOJ was acting as an arm of the Hilary campaign. He's just one guy sure, and he can be wrong, but I believe him more than I believe Sean Hannity or Rachael Maddow.

Regarding Russian collusion, many times I hoped for a fair and thorough investigation. It's totally consistent for me to call for the same thing, with regards to whether or not Obama's Justice Department colluded with Hilary's campaign.

I cannot stand the thought that Trump sought Russian help to win. I'm just as concerned (more, probably) at the thought that Hilary sought help from Obama's Justice Department to help her win.

We investigated the first. Time to investigate the second. The only possible reason why anyone would support one of those investigations but not both, is partisan politics.

I'm lucky that I can comfortably say that both investigations are warranted, because my loyalty is to common sense and fairness, I'm not a blind, thoughtless partisan. It makes my life a whole lot easier than it would be if I always had to defend the bad things my side does, and ignore the good things that the other side does. Spence has to pretend that Trump isn't helping the economy, and he has to pretend that Hilary isn't a deeply flawed individual. That takes a lot of effort and a willingness to humiliate yourself. It's easier when you can offer praise or criticism to either side.

The liberals were devastated after the 2016 election. The then put all of their eggs in the collusion basket, and look like idiots again. On top of that, there will now be an investigation to see whether or Trump was the victim of collusion between Hilary and the FBI. So not only have the democrats in charge failed at getting rid of Trump, they may have royally f*cked themselves in trying to sabotage Trump. I still don't think they have the slightest clue who he is.

I truly hope there wasn't collusion between Hilary and the DOJ, because what a blow to our process that would be. Let's do an investigation that's as thorough as Mueller's (not as slow), and get it behind us once and for all. I will happily abide by the results of that investigation (and it has already started, terrifying the left), just as I abide by the Mueller findings.