View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 01:13 PM   #213
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As of Friday evening, Trump had posted 15 tweets and five maps about Alabama and the storm to try to prove his original tweet was correct, despite the fact that he'd been publicly rebuked by the National Weather Service.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You focus only on one side of the barrage. Trump is constantly being bombarded by accusations and characterizations. I find no fault in him retorting back in whatever number of tweets he wishes. He may not always be right, but he often is. He was (and is) voluminously portrayed, and "publicly rebuked", as a traitor, Russian collaborator, Nazi, Fascist, homophobe, misogynist, alt-right, racist, and it has demonstrably been shown that he isn't. But if he didn't fight back, with lots and lots of tweets among other ways, he probably would have been destroyed. And it is obvious to me that the intention has been to destroy him.

So I give him kudos for defending every millimeter and ounce of personal turf that he still has. Even when he is mistaken, I understand the gravity of what is being attempted against him and the need to counter it. And I understand why you so strenuously speak in accord with those who oppose him. And why every little possibly denigrating word or move he speaks or makes must be weaponized against him when the big, important, stuff he is accused of fails.