View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #24
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
To each their own, but I don't think I'd stop going because I thought their president was getting paid too much?
Nor have I cancelled my subscription to "On the Water" because of their tournament. However, I'm all for..."whatever makes you feel better about yourself"...I guess we each "protest" in our own way.

I do get the whole, "I have enough stuff" and possibly don't need the temptation of getting more...and although I do find the prices nothing out of the ordinary, it's nice to be able to put your hands on a multitude of different brands and models as well as see new items without having to visit a few different tackle-shops who may or may not carry them, but can still order it for you if needed. A good place to do your homework, so to speak.

Did anyone pick up anything new? Whether new to them or new to the industry that's worth sharing?
A couple of years back, I picked up a few packets of the "Ultimate Bait Bridle"...I've used it numerous times and definitely think it's something I'll keep in my inventory. It's not fool-proof...but definitely a "keeper" ....for me anyways.
Well said. I enjoy the experience and go early enough on Saturday to be done before they place gets overcrowded. Talked to a few guys, picked up a couple guppy pencils and some taug rigs, cheap polarized glasses (so I can sit on them without crushing a $300 pair) and renewed my OTW, all good.

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote