View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

North Carolina Beer Run

Just made a trip down to NC last week, hit a few places along the way and also came back with a crap load of beer.

Stopped 2 days in Cape May and hit the Cape May Brewery....had a few there. they had an excellent Double IPA on tap called Coastal Evacuation.

spent one night in Williamsburg VA and hit the Alewerks brewery while I was there. Had an excellent BBL aged porter and a solid Pumpkin Ale from them.....most of their regular line-up was good.....but nothing exceptional.

Headed down to NC on Tuesday and found this little place called the Brewers Kettle....very cool place. It's a bar that also sells craft beer, on tap and in growlers, to go. you can grab a beer and go out back and sit at picnic tables, drink, and listen to live music......basically hang out at the liquor store all day Seems this is a common model down there for beer consumption.

Wednesday, headed down to Charlotte to see an old friend and have a couple of beers with him. went for a couple in what had to be Hipsterville Central.....some very good beer floating around that area. he fixed me up with a bunch of local beer to take back with me.

Was very impressed with the Wicked Weed brews, out of Asheville NC, I tried....had an IPA called Pernicious and a double IPA called Freak of Nature....both could stand up with the best of what's around up here.

Also had a BBL aged RIS called Sexual Chocolate that is made by Foothills Brewing Co. in Winston Salem....another great beer.

Like I said.....came back with a whole lot of beer....had the Hop, Drop, and roll yesterday......another outstanding brew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	61614  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote