View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I’m confused is what you’re saying that anytime the media reports they should find somebody who did something equally as immoral, illegal or stupid as Trump has done for a comparison since what seems to happen is anytime Trump does something somebody says but Hillary or Obama or but Bill did this
The media reacts the way they do because for years Trump got attention by ranting and campaigning as a birther, about Presidents playing golf, taking vacations, not having gun control, infidelity etc. Funny how they are all things he has or is doing but he bought off his base with smoke and mirrors so they are upset that the media dares to say the Emperor has no clothes.
You probably think he has a nice head of hair.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I’m confused "

I wish the media would be honest with political candidates, regardless of party. When a candidate does something good, give him credit. When he does something bad, criticize him for it. But hold both parties to the same standard. Foxnews gives a pass to Republicans. Every other media outlet is 100% in the tank for democrats.

John McCain adopted a girl from, I think, Bangladesh, when she was a baby. An amazing act of love and generosity, correct? During the 2008 campaign, the New York Times ran a story suggesting that the girl was actually his biological daughter from an extramarital affair. It wasn't true. This is a man who got kicked in the ribs every day for 4 years, who never regained the full use of his arm after getting shot down, and that's the thanks he gets because he is a Republican. That's what I am talking about.

When Palin was running for VP, the media ran stories that her Down Syndrome baby, was actually not her child, but her grandchild. The media used a Down Syndrome baby as a club to use against someone with whom they disagree.

When Hilary lied about getting shot at in Bosnia, how many in the media held her accountable?

If you have no issue with that, you have that right. But a lot of people got fed up with the unfair attacks, so we (not me, but my side) nominated a guy who doesn't even blink when people treat him this way.

"The media reacts the way they do because for years Trump "

Oh, you are saying media bias is Trump's fault!! I see!!

The media abandoned honesty long before Trump entered politics, when the Iraq War went south. They hated Bush, and their determination to destroy him, was more important than their professional integrity. They haven't even tried to regain that integrity. CNN gave debate questions ahead of time, to their preferred candidate. Some "news" network.

Trump is not the reason why the media was so in the tank for Obama in 08 and 12.

"You probably think he has a nice head of hair"

You know absolutely nothing about me. There's very little about the way he conducts himself, that I like. But I agree with him on policy, far more often than I agree with Hilary. So I plugged my nose and voted for him. It wasn't pleasant, but it was very simple.