Thread: HR 4269
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #184
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So where do theses gang bangers and criminals who legally cannot buy a gun.. get their guns?

Are they being supplied from? Legal owners ? or irresponsible owners? i think below gives us our answer ...

1.4 million firearms were stolen during household burglaries and other property crimes over the six-year period from 2005 through 2010, according to a report released today by the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). This number represents an estimated average of 232,400 firearms stolen each year— about 172,000 stolen during burglaries and 60,300 stolen during other property crimes.
Guy on my hockey team is head of NB gun unit. He has been very busy lately. I asked him last nite where they are comin from and he said most of them are comin from house robberies or the such. He said a lot of the guns they take off street or used in the soarin murder rate are stolen from old family members that dont even know they are gone. A lot comes back to laws regarding proper securing and storage of firearms.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device