View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I would say "more so" when you reverse the picture. Its exactly how you explain that most view themselves as conservaitves vs how the vote plays out. I believe a very large percentage of the population would agree with what the tea party stands for. But they will dismiss it without question due to the media spoon feeding them.
It illustrates more that liberal and conservative doesn't map 1:1 to democrat and republican.

A large percentage of Americans would stand for what most parties believe in. A clean environment, good schools, strong defense, a balanced budget...who wouldn't want that?

But being a "grass roots" movement you have to take the good with the bad, it's really about the people and not the platform. From what I've heard about both notable Tea Party winners this week, I can't say "personal responsibility" come to mind.

Quote:
If O'Donnell is an example of a right wing endorsement by the tp, how many candidiates were supported by the wacky left and won? you'll never know because the media acts as if the wacky left doesnt exist. they define one end (far right) but NEVER the left!
The difference here is that you don't have progressives upsetting mainstream Dems. You're trying to compare apples and tangerines.

-spence