Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

I would rather he built a coalition, than send Pompeo after the fact to the Middle East to try and assemble one, or put one back together depending on your viewpoint.

America First (Alone) is not an example of good leadership.

Here's the countries that were in the Gulf War coalition and regardless of how you feel about the Gulf War, the diplomatic and military leadership was incredibly skilled. I don't see that happening with this President.

The Allied coalition was made up of 39 countries: Afghanistan, Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Kuwait, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Syria, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.

The US Department of Defense has estimated the incremental costs of the Gulf War at $61 billion, with US allies providing about $54 billion of that -- Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states covered $36 billion. Germany and Japan covered $16 billion.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin