View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 01:54 PM   #37
macojoe
Seal Control

Send a message via AIM to macojoe Send a message via Yahoo to macojoe
Also Keep a log. I have a log saved rt here on my computer. Every time you hear the Herrin are running or the first schoolie was caught, A rig someone used, The weather for the day, Water temp that day, What Tide it was which way it was running, Ect,Ect,....... I to am no pro. But this helps alot. you can look back to pervios years and start putting a history toghter. You will then be able to figure out about what time of the year the fish will show. ( do you think that people pull a date out of a hat for when the fish show up) I no when the fish will be at some of my favorite spots and the best time of day and which tide to fish for them by just looking back at my log.
But this will take time to compile, and you have to log stuff in after every trip!! Don't wait 3 or 4 days then put the info in because you will forget small details that might just help you. If you do not you will have nothing to look back on. Its tuff to fish all day then sit at the computer and type it all in but I for one am glad that I did because I can now go out and catch fish Every Trip!! I rember a time when I would go out and come home with nothing more then a empty bait bucket. And how fustraded I was. I did not have the option of turning on a computer and getting all this info.\
People who catch fish all the time are people who have put in the leg work.
I hope this will help you out!!
macojoe is offline   Reply With Quote