View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Well, first off is that even true?" It is true. I'm not on Obamacare thank Christ, but I have to show my id every time I go to the pharmacy. You also need an id to buy cigarettes and alcohol, I think to get a library card. Are all of those regulations rooted in racism?
If it's law you shouldn't have any problem showing a reference.

Perhaps your local pharmacy doesn't want to give you the wrong drugs and kill you?

Is it your civil responsibility to buy cigarettes and alcohol?

Quote:
Spence, in what context did he mean the 'passport' reference? Put that in any context you want, it's still ignorant, dishonest, race-baiting demagoguery. And why did he say those people "can't" have enough money to travel, what the hell does that mean? Why "can't" they? Because of the Koch brothers, or is it all Rupert Murdoch's fault?
I don't know as I haven't seen the full transcript. Hence, my reluctance to judge.

Quote:
I'll concede that voter fraud isn't at the top of my list of concerns. But Obama is saying that the effort to ensure voter integrity, is tantamount to racism. It's bullsh*t, and I cannot fathom that we have a President who would stoop to that, all in an effort to kiss the azz of a hate-peddling liar like Al harpton. Al Sharpton commands the attention of the President of the US? Are you kidding me? Jay Z and Al Sharpton can get an audience with our President at the snap of their finger?
No, Obama is saying that the effort to ensure voter integrity is both unnecessary and disproportionally impacts minorities and the poor. Certainly there's politics behind it, the GOP is trying to hurt voters that historically support their opponents and the Democrats are working to counter it.

But ultimately...are there people who legitimately don't hold an official government ID, are they breaking any laws in doing so, and do they have a right to vote?

-spence