Thread: Gods Intention
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I don't belive the idiot said rape was right or that pregnancy from rape was to be welcomed. I think he pointed out though that someone has to speak for the unborn.
thank you

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

if you replaced God with Nature in his comments, would that make them less offensive to some of you God-o-phobes in the context which he meant, which was that the creation of a human life is the result of something more than simple accident....and that he places the same value on each life created as he does his own....

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from Nature. And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that Nature intended to happen."

interesting that our President was very clear on Leno the other night in stating that...

"RAPE is RAPE"....glad to hear he's found such clarity on that issue

sadly...he's apparently found no such clarity on these related issues...

LIFE is LIFE ?......not so much
KILLING is KILLING ?.....not so much

Mourdock's comments are some of the least offensive comments in this thread

interesting how many platitudes reagrding equality, justice, fairness, compassion get thrown out the door at some arbitrary point between conception and...well....you pick the date....

if Religion is forever tainted by the number of lives interrupted by those that have used Religion through history to their disturbing ends or goals, how tainted is a Society(s) that sanctions millions upon millions of lives to likewise be interrupted, in most cases, as a matter of convenience and as an abrogation of responsibility?

Last edited by scottw; 10-28-2012 at 02:54 AM..