View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"I hate the guy for what he says and how he acts"

Could not agree more. I also hated the way Obama acted and hated most of what he said (though he was not nearly as crass of vulgar as Trump). Been a long time since I was proud of a POTUS.
Not perhaps Nixon, there is a good chance this one is following in his shoes

"w/o the dates you can't tell where Pres. Trump was elected so it appears that the overall trend is basically the same. Pres. Trump or Pres Obama - the empl. rate trend hasn't changed much "

That's true. But Trump has to get some credit for doing something to allow that trend to continue. Obama didn't do anything that would lead anyone to expect that the trend would continue on its own.
We would gladly give him some credit, but he has already given himself more than his fair share.

"the economy has gotten better under Trump but we'll never know where it would be under Obama"

True, we can't know what the economy would look like if Obama or Hilary were in there. We don't know what it would look like had Romney won. All we know, is where it was when Obama left, and we know that by most honest measures, it's better now.
It's on the same plane that it was before Obama left, no matter what Kellyanne, Sarah and Sean say. It's not the most, greatest, best, or whatever simple superlative of the moment

I also know that my take home pay is $250 higher per month. Many, many people saw similar results. We know that's because of tax overhaul. It's been a good thing for my family. Obama would never have signed it, never.
Perhaps a good thing for your family currently, but I am assuming you want your children to live in the future in a growing vibrant economy.
Your odds just dropped according to many economists, though you can find a few that think it will be rosy. Some also say the world is flat, and that Obama was not born here.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin