Thread: GOP TAX PLAN
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #95
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Watch the video, don’t take my word for it. Naked contempt for the successful.

If I am making fun of someone who lied about being Native American for personal gain, I can make a compelling case that I care a lot more about native Americans than she does.

As for warrens idiotic remarks. Yes, we all drive on public roads and use public police. But only Mark Zuckerberg invented Facebook, only bill gates invented Windows. The individual, therefore, has an awful lot to do with it, and should therefore be encouraged to take risks. Not demonized.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Warren is right when she gives credit to the entrepreneur for creating a business. But she is wrong when she says that the business uses infrastructure, etc. that the REST OF US paid for. No, it is not just the rest of us, but ALL of us, including the entrepreneur. The entrepreneur also pays taxes that pay for infrastructure, etc. The business builder does not ride on the backs of those who build infrastructure. He rides along with them and is entitled every bit as much to use that infrastructure to build a business or not. He does not get a gift by the REST of society. He is part of society.

And that entrepreneur, while using his rightful share of the infrastructure, gives the gift of his hard work to create wealth and jobs for ALL of us, not just himself.

Warren does not give the business maker credit for contributing (probably even more so than the REST of us) to the economic well being of society, rather she warns him that, yeah, go ahead and keep some of the money he's earned, but he owes the rest of it to us for the groundwork that made it possible. As if the entrepreneur, by building a business, has not already given more to the economic well being of society than the REST of us.

She is wrong. The entrepreneur did create a business on his or her own. We all pay for the infrastructure. And we all use it in our own way. And when we use it to work or to play or to learn or to build, however we use it is entirely up to us. We are all entirely responsible for how we use the various public roads that we all helped to build.