Thread: Balloons
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #12
sok
North Shore Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
Gimme a break on the fine crap. There are lots of things besides balloons that destroy the enviroment......stop selling the mylar balloons close to the ocean. That would be enough of an effect.

As fishermen we would be wise not to be on the side of the green people too much. They will next target all rubber artifishcials, plastic pluggage and then they will start on the wood. Are those plastic eyes? Is that non toxic paint? etc etc.

Salty, I wouldn't doubt it by now you have gotten requests in the mail by green groups to stop producing items that pollute the ocean and kill fish, no?

If Bills like this pass it is only the beginning of the end. "Green" Groups will not be happy until all of us are golfing......on courses using only organic fertilizers of course.

I think the biggest problem of plastics in the water I see are the bags from the supermarket. Make them all paper only........another note: remember the ocean is the worlds biggest trash can. Sometime I'll take a picture of what goes over the side of a big ship most everyday, no plastics... but the green folks wouldn't be happy
I grew up within walking distance of a beach.(Revere)
The old man used to take me to another beach to play with rockets when I was about 8.(Nahant)
Biggest infestation of trash I can remember?
Beach whistles.
Rounded on on end. Flat on the other. Star shaped opening on one end. I have seen thousands. Hundreds of thousands.
3,4,5 miles up from Deer Island.
You all know exactly what I'm talking about.
More than plastic bags or driftwood or syringes or lobster buoys or balloons or dead horseshoe crabs.

And if it was up to me?
The "greens"?
All terrorists as far as I'm concerned. Blow them out of the water. Twice.
My taxes pay for the biggest and most advanced Navy the world has ever seen.

Last edited by sok; 03-25-2007 at 08:12 PM..
sok is offline   Reply With Quote