Thread: The Antifa Myth
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I missed this one...was it on MSNBC?
If you can tear gas ministers and drive them off church property, violate American's first amendment rights and have Trumplican's in the Senate acclaim him, I'm sure he can line people up and shoot them without some batting an eye.
It's not a far stretch from shooting someone on Fifth Avenue or Bill Barr deciding without notice to extend the perimeter around the White House.

Trump's presidency is over.
What he is doing now has nothing to do with the constitutional powers of a president.
But something resembling the "Reich Chancellorship" may soon begin if we don't get him out of there fast.

Hunting down the dissidents comes next and the context is already set.

Antifa will be the cover because by claiming it to be a "international" terrorist organization, constitutional protections can be twisted to fit the goals of this administration.

It’s important to understand what the Insurrection Act, Posse Comitatus Act, & Constitution say.

It’s also important to remember that what’s lawful—or held out as lawful—can still be deeply awful.

Authoritarians abuse the law, until the law can’t contain them any more.

That is where we are at

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin