Thread: Habs Passing
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

Habs Passing

The manner in which Habs passed in his sleep makes me think that he may have suffered from Sleep Apnea. This is a dangerous affliction but can be dealt with. I discovered that I suffer from Sleep Apnea when I explained to a co worker what was happening to me and he recommended that I see my doctor and sure enough I had it.

The systems are lack of sleep, waking up gasping for breath, foggy mind during the day, falling asleep at any given time...I fell asleep at a stop light. Dreading going to bed at night. If you have any of these systems call your doctor today.

What happens is once you fall asleep the muscles that hold your airway open collapse and your airway becomes blocked, you are now not breathing and your heart is pounding away. Your body wakes up enough to clear the airway, then back to sleep you go and the cycle repeats it self up to 300 times per night. You never get any REM sleep so your battery never gets recharged. Thus all the daytime issues.

When you see the doctor he will recommend a sleep study and you will spend the night in a hospital wired up like a monkey, they will make an assessment after a few hours then if you have it you will go on to step 2

Step 2 is fitting you with a mask that will allow a steady stream of pressurized air to be blown into you nose, mouth or both.
The air will keep the passage way open and you will wake up the next morning feeling like a 10 year old that just drank a pot of coffee on Christmas morning. Talk about recharged!! A sleep tech will come to your home and set you up with a BiPaP machine they are small and quite, the machine will blow the air into you passage way through your nose or mouth.

I hope that any of you that read this and have the symptoms I mentioned take action on it, you life may depend on it. I am always available to discuss this issue. PM me you phone number and the best time to call. You can also check out this website www.SleepApnea.org

I never met Habs, after reading all you posts I wish I had. He was very special to many of you and that says a lot about the man. I have a Habs plug, I think I will just put it away for now if you know what I mean. Tight lines.

Last edited by Duke41; 09-27-2007 at 08:15 AM..
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote