View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I read what you wrote, a lot of blaming others for Tweety's inaction.

No, that's not what I wrote. What I wrote was a response to your comparing how Obama handled Ebola vs Trump and COVID-19.

You did not read what I wrote.

Yes, I did, and responded directly to what you wrote.

And nobody is giving China a pass, just trumplicans giving Tweety a pass.

If you don't point out or even discuss China's culpability, you're giving China a pass. Pointing out over the top criticism of Trump is a response to that criticism. Not responding to criticism of China is ignoring it and quietly giving China a pass.

Look at any number of other countries with smaller government agencies, less medical expertise and see how they did.
Nobody had magic, just payed attention and lead.

Some have done better, in numbers, than others. Being a smaller, less diverse, and less complex country would help in doing better. Being as large, diverse, and complex as the U.S. makes it more difficult. The U.S. is doing better than several (even most) other, even smaller, countries. The Wuhan virus is a PANDEMIC, not an epidemic such as Ebola is. COVID-19 is a worldwide problem that was caused to be so not because of the failures of all the world's nations, but because of China's failure to quickly report and contain it.

Focusing strictly on some presumed failure of the U.S., of, specifically Trump, is an intentional distortion, in my opinion, a politically motivated distortion of reality.

As I said

If Tweety has listened to our intelligence agencies rather than his good friend Xi many Americans would be alive today.

Yeah, you keep saying that, but never tell us exactly what the intelligence said. And the intel chief has said that your inference is wrong.

Tweety was more worried about cutting a “deal” with China than pushing Xi for access.
When you get your intelligence from Fox and the leader of a totalitarian government and don’t trust our organizations because you believe in wacko conspiracy theories you end up where we are today.
The Stable Genius is surrounding himself with more toadies everyday and expertise is not top of the list of qualifications.
And you end with your usual flourish of unsubstantiated, wacko, conspiratorial, opinion.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-22-2020 at 09:03 AM..