View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
IV. CONCLUSION
Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the President’s conduct. The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment. At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment. Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.
Just because I said I read the conclusion doesn't mean I didn't read anything else. I had read a whole lot more. I had read what you posted here.

What you have posted here refers to the second part of the report which dealt with obstruction. The "does not exonerate him" applies to the obstruction charge, not to the conspiracy charge which was dealt with in the first part of the report.

You originally responded to my saying that the Mueller report did not support the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with the Russians--which was a response in support of your Obamagate "to undermine Donald Trump by planting a phony conspiracy theory that he was colluding with the Russians to win the 2016 election."

The first part of the report, which dealt with conspiracy, concluded that there is insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy against the Trump campaign in relation to Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

So, as I said, the Mueller report does not support the conspiracy theory that Trump colluded with Russia. So Obamagate may have some legs. That remains to be seen. I doubt that the DOJ will reach as high as the President, maybe, if at all, may charge some operatives in the FBI or CIA. Maybe Durham won't find sufficient evidence to charge anyone.

As I say, some of us wait and see. You seem to want to, by gleeful implication and conjecture, predict some criminal outcome against Trump, just as you implied and conjectured that Mueller would prove that Trump was a treasonous Putin Puppet, and that Trump was going down because of a whistleblower, etc.