View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #58
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Let's deal directly with you "point". Your "point" was that since Obama's idiotic not necessarily idiotic and more likely intentional and meant to be quite divisive
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...what-h/?page=1
and follows the same Alynski model that we've routinely seen from this Pres. when he is displaying contempt
statement was an answer to a question (instead of a prepared remark), that we can't hold Obama accountable for what he says no, we must look to the spin released afterward to know what they want us to think about what he may or may not have said despite what he actually said...they think for us... they however, may hold others to things that they never said...see how it works? (you must really hold him in low regard if you feel that way, BTW). Yet when Palin gives an idiotic answer to a question, you label her an idiot. even if it wasn't her..which is quite a feat

Why the double-standard Spence? cause that's the essence of the game How come Obama's answers to a question don't say anything about his intelligence cause he can't be anything but brilliant, anything else would be unnaceptable even if true, but Palin's answers to questions do say something about her intelligence?

I'm really curious what you come up with for an answer...just check with Jay Carney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT
That comment, coming from a professor of constitutional law the facts as to his status as having been a "professor of constitutional law " are debatable..

Sen. Obama, who has taught courses in "undermining?" constitutional law at the University of Chicago, has regularly referred to himself as "a constitutional law professor," most famously at a March 30, 2007, fundraiser when he said, [COLOR="Blue"]"I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." A spokesman for the Republican National Committee immediately took exception to Obama’s remarks, pointing out that Obama’s title at the University of Chicago was "senior lecturer" and not "professor."

Recently, Hillary Clinton’s campaign has picked up on this charge. In a March 27 conference call with reporters, Clinton spokesman Phil Singer claimed:

Singer (March 27): Sen. Obama has often referred to himself as “a constitutional law professor” out on the campaign trail. He never held any such title. And I think anyone, if you ask anyone in academia the distinction between a professor who has tenure and an instructor that does not, you’ll find that there is … you’ll get quite an emotional response.

[/COLOR]

Originally Posted by spence

Good we can agree that Palin has said some shockingly ignorant things...but I don't see Obama's remark on the "I can see Russia from my house" level or what ever she said. yes, "whatever", or whatever you think she said which was actually said by a comedian portraying her in a skit

The reality is that his remark was incomplete. it was only "incomplete" when his team realized/reacted to the fact that he'd shown his true colors while off-teleprompter either intentionally or unintentionally and either scrambled or had prepared "damage control" to guide the intentional/unintentional damage done into damage that will benefit them politically down the road by trying to drive a wedge between a portion of the American public and their judicial system It was not a policy position, it was a response to a question. it revealed quite a bit To place it in a box is a deconstructive response not intended to further the debate. there's really not much debate as to how far out of line the President's comments were....there are a small cadre of loyalists that will shamelessly tow the line for the administation but that's about it on this one

The constructive action would be to ask what he really meant, you should apply this comments which another reporter did and what I've posted above as Obama's response.

That's what you should be reacting to no? the reaction is to very clear pattern by this President, in this case he caused the jaws of many on his own side to hit the floor
-spence (super cool non-inflammatory poster here)

I'm sure the President fancies himself "super cool and non-inflammatory"...but nothing could be further from the truth....

OBAMA- "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution."

I'd forgotten about this one...this was a good one

Last edited by scottw; 04-04-2012 at 10:12 PM..