Thread: this is great
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #47
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
John Blind eye?? you say this as if importing the competition hasn't been going on for 100 years .. it has zero impact on Jobs losses in America .. or whos on welfare it comes down do wage per hour and expect people to work 80hrs a week at 8-15 dollars an hour, pay rent buy food is unrealistic, while corporate America fleeces America and its worker ...

Most US manufacturing jobs lost to technology, not trade
https://www.ft.com/content/dec677c0-...5-95d1533d9a62

Yes. The immigrants coming here illegally are not taking up large swaths of middle class or upper class jobs. Surely they are working somewhere, right?

So then where are they working? I am talking about lower skilled jobs which includes some manufacturing but we are now more a service economy which means they are taking service jobs in addition to some manufacturing.

Yes, this has been going on for 100 years but break that down into legal and illegal immigration, please.

As for the wages, I worked for under 3 in HS, 4-6 in my late teens, and commission for years after that had lower hourly pay then asking if you want extra salt with your fries. But I worked my way out of that and chased skills and positions that allowed me to grow.

Grow so I would not have a family in the projects or on welfare. So yes, I know precisely what this is about.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: