View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 09:14 AM   #143
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The formal investigation did not have the emails by HRC noted here at that time.
I believe they would have had the communication with Egypt as that wasn't an email but rather notes from a call. The email doesn't suggest a heck of a lot. Early that evening al Nusra took credit for the attack (later taking this back). They always stated that militants were involved and the notes given to Clinton before her call was based on the current thinking it was a well planned attack. This, was later revised.

Then more evidence suggesting the video was a key motivator came forth and I'd assume this was part of General Petreaus's first testimony to Congress where he stated just this...was the General in on the ruse as well?

When you look at what Clinton herself said on Sept 12th

Quote:
Yesterday, our U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya was attacked. Heavily armed militants assaulted the compound and set fire to our buildings. American and Libyan security personnel battled the attackers together. Four Americans were killed. ... This is an attack that should shock the conscience of people of all faiths around the world. We condemn in the strongest terms this senseless act of violence, and we send our prayers to the families, friends, and colleagues of those we’ve lost. ...There will be more time later to reflect, but today, we have work to do. There is no higher priority than protecting our men and women wherever they serve.
We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault. Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our Embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the internet. America’s commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear—there is no justification for this, none. Violence like this is no way to honor religion or faith. And as long as there are those who would take innocent life in the name of God, the world will never know a true and lasting peace.
I don't see much inconsistency.

Interestingly, Rep. Jim Jordan who led the email attack was on Fox News this morning claiming the administration was trying to cover up a Libyan failure.

Why in the hell is someone who's supposed to be "investigating" the incident, on TV pushing conspiratorial "conclusions?"

Last edited by spence; 10-25-2015 at 09:23 AM..