Thread: Trump* on blame
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I doubt any “experts” blame Trump for natural selection taking a dumbbell off the planet. Trumps inaction and messaging have and will continue to cost lives that would not have been lost. Even now with so many suffering, so many dying, so many now unemployed and worried about their future, our president is boasting about his TV ratings during the press conferences. He has demonstrated his entire life and term it’s all about him, the most shameful display in such a time.
"I doubt any “experts” blame Trump for natural selection taking a dumbbell off the planet"

CNN and MSNBC blamed him day and night. SO if a host can say that with a straight face, what kind of "experts" are they going to put on?

"our president is boasting about his TV ratings during the press conferences"

I agree it's pathetic when he does that, and it's why I have a really hard time watching him speak. He takes self-absorption to new levels, no doubt. But is that all he has done? Or did he also help usher in the largest relief bill in the history of the country as well? Did he also help establish a terrific relationship with the private sector, getting them to help? You left out that small detail. Again, you are hyper-fixated on his flaws (which are many), but you ignore his accomplishments (which are many).

I'd rather have a guy who gets huge private sector companies to help because they se him as an ally, and a guy who off the bat wanted to get cash into people's hands, even if he never stops patting himself on the back...over someone who has a less offensive style but can't get as many good things done.

I care about how my wife and my kids speak to me. When it comes to an executive who is far removed from me (my CEO or my president), I care waaaay more about results than about an abrasive or nauseating style. That's how I see Trump. An insulting and disgusting individual who gets things done that no one else could. I'm going to retire at least a year earlier because of Trump, than I would have if Hilary had won. I am 100% convinced of that.

So if he wants to brag about the size of his hands or his TV ratings, that will make me wince and turn the TV off, but it's not going to make me vote for Hilary. Or Biden.

And again, not a syllable about Pelosi and Diblasio. Zip.