View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I agree
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I think if you get a breakdown of all the freebies this government gives out you would find that most of it goes to the military-industrial complex and of course banks that are too big to fail, etc. but the freebies but you were talking about also align with what I was talking about and that is progress or at some call it progressive thinking. We just spent over $1 trillion on an airplane that barely works that money could've gone to educating people or healthcare for everybody. I would much rather see my tax dollars going to help someone in need and then some ridiculous government military boondoggle.
Your way, way off on how the Federal Government spends ( I assume you meant Federal not State spending).

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...g-internet-mi/

And if you add State spending to ''government" spending, you're even more wrong. State's spend 9 times more on education than the Federal government does. So just on education alone, we spend about as much on education as we do on military. And when we add the rest of State spending, the amount spent on non-military grows even more than the amount on the Federal pie chart.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-28-2016 at 08:04 PM..