Thread: kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #184
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
As to your response to ONE of my points, it depends on the alleged crime. Third degree sexual assault in Maryland can refer a minor to adult court. Ms. Ford's description doesn't seem to fully meet the definition of third degree of assault. Also taken into consideration is the defendant's past behavior. Is it a first offense. And is there sufficient evidence that the crime occurred and that the defendant did it.

The overall situation that Ms. Ford describes would be a very weak one in order to refer the case to adult court.
I think your wrong in that this possibly is a second degree sex offense and could have bumped him up to be tried as an adult, but it's a moot point at this point legally. My point was surprise that your ok with a guy being guilty at 17 of committing a second or even third degree sex offense getting nominated and voted to the supreme court. I guess your moral standards are different than mine, once a scum bag capable of that, down deep your always capable; given the right amount of skiis.