View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
There was a politician that was elected by the Republican Party that said on TV and we pay him

"Why can’t we use nuclear weapons?"
“When Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats, and they make gestures at our people that they shouldn’t be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay? It's, like, incredible."
"I know more about ISIS than the generals do, believe me... I would bomb the sh**t out of them."
"You know what I wanted to. I wanted to hit a couple of those speakers so hard. I would have hit them. No, no. I was going to hit them, I was all set and then I got a call from a highly respected governor... I was gonna hit one guy in particular, a very little guy. I was gonna hit this guy so hard his head would spin and he wouldn’t know what the hell happened... I was going to hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin, they’d never recover. And that’s what I did with a lot – that’s why I still don’t have certain people endorsing me: they still haven’t recovered."
"I love the old days, you know? You know what I hate? There's a guy totally disruptive, throwing punches, we're not allowed punch back anymore. ... I'd like to punch him in the face, I'll tell ya."
"There may be somebody with tomatoes in the audience. If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell -- I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees."
"I think our country does plenty of killing also, Joe."
Here is the difference, and I will try to go very slowly...
'
Most people, even many on the right, speak out against Trump when he says these things, and when he acts this way. I didn't see anyone here, criticize the NYT for their historical willingness to abandon journalistic principles for political expediency.

I'm not saying Trump is better than the NYT. I'm saying unlike you, I can readily criticize Trump, or anyone on my side, when they deserve it.

That's the difference. Am I going too fast for you?