View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #9
Mr. Sandman

I know there are some fish out there but fishing has not gangbusters so don't get too jacked. A few mahi, small yf and albacore have been caught but nothing nuts. Action has not been what most would call hot. Several boats have come back with a lone fish for their efforts. I know of one that fished the breaks to the east (tylers)and got nothing and saw nothing...all day. I think some of the reports are slightly sugar coated. But it is probably worth the run if you want to do something different . It is always fun to go offshore when you have a nice day for it.

I also heard of 1st hand reports of YF within 10 miles of montauk... and fish at the mudhole , that was before the blow.

All that said, there have been years past when they were 5 miles s of nomans and I have even heard of them being caught just past the hooter but that was some time ago. It could happen again...(that would be a hoot)

The ocean is warmer than usual, august could be an exceptional year for the coastal offshore fisherman...lets hope it is starting.

I look forward to buzz's report with great eagerness. I will be fueling up today just in case.
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote