View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #109
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

What is happening in WI is a sign of the times. We more than likely will not see anything like that here in MA because much of our economy is union based and no pol is going to bite the hand that feeds them. More and more though people are getting fed up with going to work every day or lookinog for work every day and supporting a public machine that does little to support them and theirs. We feed the government money to pay salaries and social programs that constantly run askew and just simply don't make sense. Anytime there is any type of budget deficit the same tired argument is rolled out. The first thing they say they are going to cut is education. Then elederly services and then you will hear about how there won't be enough money to put gas in the firetrucks and police cars. Not one politician evertalks about reducing their support staff. Or God forbid here in MA we take away the AAA that welfare recipients get for free or the flexible spending money for things like tobacco and alcohol. My wife is a teacher and I am glad she is because without her overinflated salary of 80k a year plus benefits and extras I would be on welfare and I work 60 plus hours a week keeping a business barely afloat to make sure my employees have paychecks and I can continue to pay my taxes and contribute to unemployment insurance. I now am beginning to see an upswing and could hire people but because I can't predict where the people will be working in six months I choose to work 70 to 80 hours a week instead. Because if I for hire these people and need to lay them off in six months it will cause another increase in my unemployment insurance which could potentially bankrupt me. If the teachers in WI have a problem with the increase in Co pay and loss of collective bargaining tell them to go find another job that pays them to work 6 hours a day 180 days a year and covers 80 percent of their health insurance for them and their families while pulling down an above average salary. I would be willing to bet they will be happy to return to work.

The days of the private sector handing out 100,000 plus dollar jobs is gone. The private sector is absorbing this recession and there needs to be concessions on both sides. It is getting a bit ridiculous.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device