View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

There's no break even point here. Right now I'm paying .15 a kwh and using 12400kwh a year. They're offering to sell me 6600 kwh at .15 a kwh or whatever it was. The rest I pay to Nat Grid over and above what they sell to me. If the panels make 8000kwh per year I would pay for that. If they make 4000 kwh they pay the difference for what it cost me to buy from Nat Grid. And if the system doesn't perform they pull it and leave the house as original.

What do I have to break even on?? Next year my Nat Grid bill will be minimum 5% higher. But my bill is now only whatever I need above the solar panel use and I'm still paying the old rate to sunrun. In 5 years from now you could expect electric to be probably .25 per kwh and I'm still only paying .15 for the sun power. The system cost me nothing. I just agree to pay them this rate for the next 20 years.

So whats there to look at payback on for me?

On top of this the guy had no problem calling a tree guy they work with to take some trees down in the front of the house. Which needed to come down anyways...

Guess whose getting the wood. There's TWO 90' pines there. That's about 150,000 lures
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote