View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Since posting this story yesterday, I have received quite a few different opinions on the subject. First off, and I don't really follow the logic on this one, a lot of people are unhappy that I put this story out there. Do you think that if it wasn't reported on then no one would know? I received a ton of phone calls on the subject over the weekend well before I even had a chance to fully research it, so word was already out. If nothing else, spreading the word on it gives us a chance at reversing the action.

Second, and this is a sticky subject, how would you feel about simply redrawing the EEZ line? The argument here is that in some places the line was drawn logically so as to not have scenarios like the dead space between Montauk and Block. Why not have a general sweeping line from Montauk to Block to the Vineyard and so-on? I am not saying I support or oppose this idea at this time, but it is worth discussing. Ultimately I'd be much more in favor of this idea than using budgetary constraints to eliminate enforcement as it does little more than further divide the fishing community.

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
tlapinski is offline   Reply With Quote