View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:22 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You really need to get out of that liberal insurance business.
Why else would they fire you?
Perhaps because saying Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean that all lives don’t.
It means Black lives are at risk in ways others are not.

As far as your silly question, you couldn't ask for a more clear-cut moment of threat against free speech, individual rights and freedom of assembly than what we are seeing in the US right now. Protestors, demonstrating against the killing of a class of people by law enforcement, attacked by police in the street, beaten, hit by tear gas, shot with rubber bullets, put under curfew and branded "terrorists" by their own president.

So where are the great free speech advocates of the right? Nowhere to be heard.
You’re twisting slogans into weapons to use against the people you see as being different and it’s no different than threats to the rule of law, voting rights or health care.
All you’re doing is lobbying against change and concerned about threats to your perceived social class.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Perhaps because saying Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean that all lives don’t"

Who ever claimed that saying black lives matter, means that all don't matter? I never heard anyone claim that.

What I hear ALL liberals claim, is that saying that all lives matter, somehow means that black lives don't matter. I haven't heard any liberals disagree with this statement, and it's asinine.

Stop moving the goalposts.

"You’re twisting slogans "

No, I'm not. I have no problem with saying that black lives matter, because of course they do. Your side is twisting what is obviously meant by people who say "all lives matter". Do you people not understand what the word "all" means? Is that your issue?

"All you’re doing is lobbying against change "

No idea what that means. Saying "all lives matter" doesn't mean that no changes are needed.

You're jumping to asinine, asinine conclusions. As usual.