View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 01:13 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Dodged my question, no surprise.
Saying all lives matter is of course true. But all it does is to protect inequality.
Humans do not live in perfect equality. Oppressed groups exist. They suffer disadvantages on the basis of how they are perceived. Black people suffer worse treatment at the hands of the police, worse treatment in work, worse treatment in the criminal justice system, worse treatment in healthcare. That's not a full list. It's the tip of an iceberg.
We need to solve the issue, it’s not going away and trying to paint it as an attack on the rest of society only shows that you believe, against evidential reality, that all people are treated equally now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Again, I have never heard anyone, certainly no one who matters, suggest that blacks haven't suffered uniquely. No one disagrees with you.

I still don't understand (no sane person understands), why when someone says "all lives matter", what you hear is "blacks have never suffered". In a common tactic, liberals here are responding to something which no one is saying.

Here's a question. If liberals want to help blacks thrive, why do they oppose school choice, when poor blacks desperately want school choice?