View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #54
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Conjecture and BS=nothing meaningful

The killing of another when in fear for your life is very subjective. Different folks reach the point of no return at different times in a struggle. First thing the jurors had to ask themselves who had the right to belong there, Zimmerman or Martin. Regardless of whether or not the gun gave him more balls, (hell I know many cops who wouldn't have left the station without one, ands that probably why they wanted the job, to carry one) he had the gun because he volunteered for the neighborhood watch. You can rant about the dispatcher telling him not to follow the kid. The dispatcher has no lawfull authority over George Zimmerman or anyone else. Was it sound advice, more than likely though. When Zimmerman still followed the dispatcher should have reasoned with Zimmerman to at least follow from a distance. Zimmerman never made any racial statement on the cell phone call. The only racial bias I heard during the trial came from the Martin witnesses. What he did was lumped Martin in with other perps, real or not, that have caused problems in his condo development. Anyone of us might have come to the same judgement, but probably would have minded our business. The kid made a terrible seventeen year old mistake that he paid the ultimate price for. I would be willing to bet Martin showed no respect to Zimmerman, because he was a hispanic man. Hispanic people are the majority in Florida and have been for several years.

You have to remember, someone not physically fit(Zimmerman), a wuss, a female, an older person, they are going to pull that trigger much sooner than most. And the victim has the right to use a greater force against the perpetrator than is being used against them. Gun v.s. sidewalk, gun wins.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote