Thread: open minded
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #1
scottw

open minded

this is a fascinating article chronicling the attempt to speak about free speech at an "open minded" college campus....you'd almost think it must be a Monty Python parody but these folks are the real deal and apparently proud in their....not sure what

when law students studying law at a law school state "%$CK the law"...it's hard to know where to go with that

"You wrote that I supported the president’s decision to rescind DACA. Now let me tell you something. I actually support the DREAM Act.”

There were audible gasps in the room. “This might surprise you. I think the DREAM Act is a good piece of legislation.” Someone yelled out “Gaslighting.” I continued: “Were I a member of Congress . . .” Someone interrupted me. I said, “Let me speak, please.” A number of students shouted out, “Nah.” I continued, “Were I a member of Congress, I would vote for the DREAM Act. My position is that the policy itself was not consistent with the rule of law. Which teaches a lesson.” Someone started snapping and booing. “The lesson is you can support something as a matter of policy.” Someone shouted, “What about human rights?” I continued, “but find that the law does not permit it. And then the answer is to change the law.”

A student shouted out “F*** the law.” This comment stunned me. I replied, “F*** the law? That’s a very odd thing. You are all in law school. And it is a bizarre thing to say f*** the law when you are in law school.” They all started to yell and shout over me."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ech-on-campus/