View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #64
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Is there an issue for which the left doesn't do this?

If you are pro life, you hate women.

If you support legal immigration, you are a xenophobe.

If you are for strong national defense, you are an Islamophobe.

If you believe in traditional marriage, you are a homophobe.

If you think there is a limit to how high taxes can go, you hate poor people and want them to die.

If you are opposed to socialized medicine, you hate sick people and want then to die.

If you believe our priority should be to help Americans thrive, you are a white nationalist.

If you don't want to live in a yurt and walk to work, you are a science denier.

If you think economic growth is awesome, you only care about rich people, because somehow middle class and poor people are absolutely immune from the benefits of a surging economy, only hedge fund managers benefit from a surging economy. I have never heard an explanation as to why that is (I'm more of a 'rising tides lift all boats' kind of guy), but liberals sure believe it.

Hilary's "basket of deplorables" comment summed it up very nicely.

You know what you rarely see from the left? Rational explanations of why their ideas are better. What you hear far more often, is how hateful and racist everyone on the right is. You hear that often, and it is usually delivered by someone screaming and who is very angry at the moment. Watch CNN or MSNBC in primetime sometime.
That generalization on what most Democrats believe or stand for, is about as far off base as stating all republicans are racist, white nationalist women hating old school farts. As an independent I see much wrong on both sides and at times I’m as disgusted (Omars past comments) with what I hear on the left as I am with what I don’t hear out of the right.

Term Limits if only!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device