View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
53% of American are in favor of a constitutional amendment to require a popular vote, compared to 43% who agree with maintaining the Electoral College

71%
The percentage of Americans who think global warming is happening,

survey finds that 89 percent of Americans favor expanded background checks for gun purchasers; 76 percent support "red flag" laws to identify dangerous persons and deny them guns, and 75 percent favor a voluntary buyback program in which the government would purchase firearms from current owners. Sixty-two percent of Americans favor a ban on the sale of semi-automatic weapons.

Talk to a Republican its a lie.. then they create alternative facts to support the lie..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i think climate change is happening. i’m in favor of more background checks for guns. I agree with you. fair enough?

You’re the one, not me, who can’t ever disagree with his side. Never, as far as I can tell.

I don’t doubt a majority of
people in CA and NY want the electoral college abandoned. Which is precisely why we need it. And it’s exactly why the founding fathers said that to amend the constitution, you need a minimum number of states to agree to it, not a minimum number of overall voters.

You want a pure democracy. The founding fathers sought specifically to avoid that, which is why we are a Republic instead. They wanted to avoid sectionalism, they wanted to
avoid the tyranny of the majority.

States are sovereign entities. In your vision, they’d be nothing but miniaturized versions of the federal government.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device