Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Bry, I dont believe that people want to be poor. But I also dont think they want to work that hard at it. We've created a culture of entitlement. In the past 30 years - No one raises their kids to go into manufactrig, they want their kids to go to college, have good jobs. The reality is now that you have tons of kids with this background and a limited amount of jobs. Only those that continue to bust their but are successful the others are at occupy wall st rally whining that they deserve a great middle class life and high salary. its a culture of entitlement. When I was a kid we didnt have cable, didnt have color tv. My parents didnt expect to have that. If they wanted it, they had to pay for it. Now, look at all the people with iphones, ipods, etc. Everyone you see has these phones. How can they afford them. It took me years to get one and I still can barely stomach paying the $100+ a month for data plans for my wife and I! I have friends who have iphones and yet dont save a penny for their kids college. Isnt that a problem? I think thats what has crushed this country and I believe most of these people will vote obama because the have a whats in it for me mentality. Surely not all 47% are deadbeats, i realize many people are on disability, social security, etc. But a majority of that 47% are in a hole THEY dug.
What a complete load of horse crap.

The USA continues to have the highest worker productivity on the planet.

A typical manufacturing job these days is far more technical than 30 years ago and requires additional education beyond a high school diploma.

Yes, people have iPhones...unless you're on the latest version they're a cheap commodity item any more. Cell phones are replacing land lines for many...how much does phone service cost today compared to 1970? That's right, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

The Occupy Wall Street crowds aren't there because they feel entitled and don't want to work, it's because they think the system is constraining their opportunity in favor for those on top.

-spence