View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
What a complete load of horse crap.

you're entitled to your incorrect opinion
The USA continues to have the highest worker productivity on the planet.

A typical manufacturing job these days is far more technical than 30 years ago and requires additional education beyond a high school diploma.

great, thats why most manufacturing is overseas! tell me how your favorite apple manufactures ipads here? How about car parts? how about cell phones? how about all electronics?

Yes, people have iPhones...unless you're on the latest version they're a cheap commodity item any more. Cell phones are replacing land lines for many...how much does phone service cost today compared to 1970? That's right, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

uh, you're going to tell me a iphone data plan is less than my landline? really? You really want to make that argument? My landline is $24 a month. My cell plan is $120 a month for unlimited data. No one, unless its job related, needs a cell phone or data plan. You are taking my comment on a monthly expense vs. the cost of an iphone. Iphones are cheap monthly usage is not and is a LUXURY.
The Occupy Wall Street crowds aren't there because they feel entitled and don't want to work, it's because they think the system is constraining their opportunity in favor for those on top.

Sure, thats why I saw clip after clip after clip of LEADERS of the movement whining about having a college degree and could not get a job or enter the middle class. I only walked by their encampment every day in Boston on the way to the train and read their signs but I am sure you read something on Huffington Post about it. Once again, you ignore the evidence to support your point of view.-spence
you've been off lately. are you awake and paying attention?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all