Thread: McCain's speech
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
the united states civilans have been attacked, killing thousands by terrorists who infiltrated the fabric of our society in order to carry out a catastophic act?
Did I not pay attention in history class? Werent all out other enemies wearing uniforms or carrying flags?
Terrorisim has been around for a loooong time.

I seem to remember a dirty sneak attack that infiltrated the fabric of our society back in 1941 that killed nearly as many as 9/11. Granted most wore uniforms but I don't think to the dead that really means anything. Still scarred the heck out of our National psyche.

Heck, we killed over 200,000 civilians in Japan using a weapon that had never been used before. That's quite a catostrophic act that no government had ever had to deal with before.

We were on the brink of nuclear war during the Kennedy Administration. That had to be a little stressful for the Whitehouse considering it threatened to destroy the entire planet in an instant.

I think FDR was facing something like the Great Depression and total German domination of the world. That couldn't have been easy considering he was a Democrat

Hey, 9/11 was a big deal but ultimately it was 19 guys with box cutters who got lucky.

You know, the best way to deal with terrorism? Don't let yourself be terrorized. It drives them nuts.

-spence