View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #26
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Nice post Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The American Dream
When I was a kid in the 50s my parents bought a house.
They were in their 20s (26 and 28)
My mother was a stay at home mom.
My father worked one job. He did go to college at night but never finished his degree.
People had passbook savings accounts that made 5-1/4% and the money was loaned out by the bank in their community.
I could go on and on.
Just like when my kids say you need to be greener Dad.
When I was a kid milk and soda came in bottles, you returned them, they washed them and reused them.
Meat was wrapped in butcher paper.
I don't think you can buy a food item that is not encased in plastic today.
There was no such thing as paper towels.
We rode our bikes, came home from school and went out of the house and played with our friends till our mother called us for dinner.
Doctors made house calls, you paid them with money and you could.
If your family or neighbors were sick or had a tough time YOU helped them.

Think about how things have changed and where the American Dream has gone.
Now follow the money and see where it leads.

The other day a young female coastie was walking to South Station by the occupiers and many of them taunted her and then a few spit on her. Incredible rude, some of them.

So may of thier quotes surround them not having to work for what they want, and they want what they want now, or I am not going home. Guy about thirty says on TV, his parents must be proud, "they, (the man, or the conglomerate) don't have a job for me at the wages I want, so I am occupying this park until they do".

So may seem like underachievers. Like the guy who has a biochemistry degree that can get work readily working in a hospital lab, but he said that was beneath him and he only does that work when he runs out of money, unemployement I guess, meaning us.

It is going to be funny when it comes to a crashing interactive end. Mennino is going to get sick of all those big donors complaining about the mess, fecal, rubbish and otherwise and in the middle of the night, goodbye.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman