View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:02 AM   #6
Yudi

Linesider,

I have a Billy D. GSB 1201L I'll take a picture of when I'm back at home. I also asked for simple (not ugly)....and it is by far my favorite and most versatile rod I own. Door knob bumper, cork tape, fuji seat, Hardloy SV's, and the wraps are metallic green under, black over the guides with silver accents. Looks very sharp and simply elegant. It's certainly a lot nicer looking than I was expecting. It also whooped some pretty nice fish in some pretty good current for me, which I was pleasantly surprised by, choosing a lower powered blank. The build itself does a great job of retaining as much power as possible on that blank. Call me impressed!

I have it sitting right next to my first attempt at a build on a SMB108 which I picked up from Ed Morini which is a rapid choke (per numbskull's info...should also add that numbskull turned me onto the idea, as well as some others) which is truly ugly for comparison Test casted, it works nicely, but my wrapping ability certainly isn't tuned, but at least it seems to function properly.

The SMB is wrapped with a single blue color now, but I want to add some decorative accent at the bottom of the wrap (probably white), as it is really boring and ugly. The chestnutty orangish blank doesn't make it easy. So it's a work in process. The KR/Rapid Choke really works nicely on this rod.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simplerods.jpg (84.2 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Yudi; 02-17-2017 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: adding pics
Yudi is offline   Reply With Quote