Thread: Aquariums
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #17
teaser
Wave Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXcowboy
those sw setups you guys have sound cool. i didnt know it was that easy. everyone ive talked to made sw setups sound like hell. how do you add seawater in the winter? that must take a while to heat.. ive got to research more on the sw setups. ive got time..i wonder how long this convict will live.

Convicts can and do live up to 10 years if the proper care is given to them, but they average about 5 in most cases.
I usually go down to the water and get 5 gallons in a bucket and let it sit at room temp for about 2 hours, but I do put an airstone in the bucket to keep the sealife alive and kicking so I don't poison the tank.
Go for it with the saltwater setup, you'll be amazed at the difference.I started with tropical fish, had every species I could get my hands on ...cheap money compared to saltwater fish ... after a few years I got bored with tropical and switched. My 55 became salt, haven't regretted it since.
I did regret doing a reef tank once though, way toooooooo much work, lost $3,000.00 worth of fish putting in a bad piece of live rock right from Florida, turns out the shipment came in that day dead and the dealer didn't know and I bought $300.00 worth of dead rock and poisoned my tank. That did it for me ...fish only!

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote