View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #20
ecduzitgood
time to go

If anything I am trying to help newbies to the canal. All of you who fish 30# or under and have experience fishing the ditch probably avoid the mainland 170 to 220 zoo because you already know there may be problems with the gear you use and the newbies around you. Plus how many of you that take offense to my opinion don't land a 25 pound or less fish in 10 to 15 minutes?
If it makes you feel better I found out how too much pressure can be a bad thing and lost 3 fish I shouldn't have lost except for my mistakes.
Friday after landing a 32 pounder in less than 10 minutes, the 5/0 Owner hook on the Sebile salt and sun 182 bonga that I used inplace of the 4/0 4x vmc on my 182 stick shadd bent twice (2 of 3 hooks) and I didn't notice the slight bend until after losing the second fish.
Then on Saturday after switching the hook to a 5/0 4x vmc and using 100# roscoe split ring I had a decent fish open the split ring and make off with my new hook.
If you catch a fish with a new 5/0 vmc trebble stuck in it you can keep the hook.....I would like the fish though because I got my hook there first
Loving my new Century 1328 I got Thursday, man can that rod apply pressure paired up with my Saltist 6000 and 60# Jerry brown 16 strand hollow braid. I am switching to 50# slick 8 when my Saltiga 6000 gets here this week so I am adjusting to the new way to fish the ditch.
I have fished nothing but conventionals and mono for over 30 years and been spooled twice...never again.

My next rant will address casting from the access road while someone is fishing below you.

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 06-10-2012 at 04:48 PM..
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote