View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
The day it takes me 15 minutes to land a 25 pound fish is the day I sell all my rods and take up golf.
Just making sure everyone understands that I have no problem with people who use it and use it well. I am sure you and I would have no problem fishing together; but don't you think for most people 30#test is too light?
Anyone who took offense to my saying after 10-15 minutes waiting I'm casting think about what you reacting to.
At the most I could see perhaps I wasn't clear when I said if the angler and gear weren't up to the challenge. To be a little more specific if your wearing sneakers and have gear that looks better suited for schoolies (you know the type).
I did not mean people who have experience in conditions similar and know how to deal with it using lighter gear.
I also didn't mean people who have physical limitations including age, both young and old (I will wait patiently and even cheer them on because the fish they catch will mean more to them then the fish I'm not catching at the time).
I hope some of you will forgive me for voicing my opinion.
I really wonder how much more distance most people get when they go from 50# to 30# test?
I really should find a place to see just how far I am capable of casting my 80# and 60# on my vs300 against my saltist 6000 with 60# and a slatiga 6000 with 50#.
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote