View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Personally, I couldn't care less which bathroom they use....that's just me. But a lot of people have lost the ability to "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes" and maybe try and understand why it might bother someone else.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It wouldn't bother you if man claiming to be a trans, went into the ladies room when your wife was in there?

As for the "walk a mile in their shoes", I agree. Of course, people on my side of this issue also need to consider the need of the trans person as well. I feel for them, I really do. But my sympathy for them doesn't go so far as I get to the point where I stop caring about the rights of women to feel secure, in what is an intimate and vulnerable setting.

In a perfect world, all public bathrooms would be individual stalls. But we can't afford that, so in this world, either a large number of people will have to make a concession (and let trans use whatever bathroom they want), or a small number of people will have to make a concession (meaning the trans folks use the bathroom that corresponds to their sex at birth).

No good answers...