View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 10:21 PM   #27
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

THIS could get very long, but I'll not make it so.

1. blank only is made in china, shp. here to usa......alot[penn] an others are built in mexico from the blanks that came from china.

2. how I know this is because I've had very long talks with the owners of pac-bay[sabre]

3. he told me that he had 5000 rod butts sitting on the loading docks waiting to get shp.ed to mexico so they could start building.

4. 1 co. alone there makes 125 rods a day, this is why you can buy them here so cheap.

5. 1 time he started to laugh very hard, I asked him to let me in on the joke, And I quote...he said if you could take off all the stickers on most of the rods in a store that you would find their mod. # on the blanks[made in china]

6. NOW..Bob Batson who was p/bay's back bone got sick & tired of their games left. an took half the workers with him to start up a new co. same blanks, but much better quality[rainshadow] these blanks are like the OLD sabre blanks that some of us just love. but these too are NOT made in the us, again over sea's

7. going back to #5...[I quote] those $455.oo fly rods you see at orv..... shops are our blanks[cheap $ like 35.00]. of corse they'll give you a new 1 if you break the 1 you just bought, not a bad profit.

8. So what you don't know won't hurt you as the saying go's.What go's on behind closed door's around the world would put the public in a tail spin.

9. that $500.oo vs reel/ how much do you think it cost to make?

10. AND yes , I've had long talks w/ bob batson too. when you spend lots of $ with these people ,they start talking back[info] or are they just telling stories?

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote