View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I do bring it up, and I can explain why, as if you didn't already know... NC and SC have some communities with a very high standard of living, and very low taxes. Not every community in NC and SC fit that description obviously, but some do, more than zero do. Here in CT, there are exactly zero places that fit that description. Not one. Zero. I think that's significant.

Zero hypocrisy.

Not sure what the poverty rate in some southern counties has to do with the jobs report. Every state has brutally poor areas. Pete was offering that to refute the good news of the jobs report, which is absurd. The United States federal government will never eradicate poverty.
When you look at states, it looks more like blind belief in rhetorical baloney than hypocrisy on someones part. Cheaper isn't all that counts. Don't forget Floridaman is doing things for black unemployment and that must be wonderful for Hartford and Bridgeport.
And of course income distribution can't be an issue because, well just because. Otherwise it would be somekindofevilism and we can't have that.

38. North Carolina
• Median household income: $52,752
• Population: 10,273,419 (9th highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.6 percent (17th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.7 percent (13th highest)

Some 14.7 percent of North Carolina residents live below the poverty line, one of the higher poverty rates in the country.

5. Connecticut
• Median household income: $74,168
• Population: 3,588,184 (22nd lowest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.7 percent (16th highest)
• Poverty rate: 9.6 percent (5th lowest)

Connecticut is one of just a handful of states with a poverty rate under 10 percent, at 9.6 percent.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin