View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When you look at states, it looks more like blind belief in rhetorical baloney than hypocrisy on someones part. Cheaper isn't all that counts. Don't forget Floridaman is doing things for black unemployment and that must be wonderful for Hartford and Bridgeport.
And of course income distribution can't be an issue because, well just because. Otherwise it would be somekindofevilism and we can't have that.

38. North Carolina
• Median household income: $52,752
• Population: 10,273,419 (9th highest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.6 percent (17th highest)
• Poverty rate: 14.7 percent (13th highest)

Some 14.7 percent of North Carolina residents live below the poverty line, one of the higher poverty rates in the country.

5. Connecticut
• Median household income: $74,168
• Population: 3,588,184 (22nd lowest)
• 2017 unemployment rate: 4.7 percent (16th highest)
• Poverty rate: 9.6 percent (5th lowest)

Connecticut is one of just a handful of states with a poverty rate under 10 percent, at 9.6 percent.
“cheaper isn’t all that counts.”

i agree, which is why every time, i
mention places that have low cost AND a high quality of
living. My point is that insanely high taxes are not necessary to deliver a high quality of life. Not sure how you didn’t see that.

I’m not saying every city in NC is good, or that every city in CT is bad. My point is that there are cities out there that deliver high quality at low cost, and exactly zero if those cities are in CT. If I’m
wrong, please tell
us which cities in CT are cheap
and have a high standard of living?

How would you possibly make that wrong?

CT is losing population, NC is booming. CT is dying, getting worse and worse every year. It cannot be saved.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-06-2019 at 06:10 PM..