Thread: Latest poll
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Gee wiz, we haven’t heard that broken record enough, but it’s no surprise to hear that party line. You have your opinion, it in no way makes it so, I’d give him decent marks for holding on to a strong economy, but at a big expense that we all will have to pay later; this administration just like other keeps spending beyond its means.

He is not "holding on" to a strong economy. He changed some of the things that he had power over which were holding the economy back, namely lowering taxes and eliminating a lot of economy choking regulations. Without that, we might be still "holding on" to a weak economy, or worse.

I’d give him low marks on foreign affairs, he has emboldened Putin and legitimized NK without getting a damn thing in return and Syria and Middle East handling is beyond pour.

I had an involuntary short burst of laughter reading that. Putin has always been a bold authoritarian. He invaded Ukraine during the previous administration. He constantly tested the West. NK was always been "legitimate." It didn't get any more so during Trump's era. He has harassed it more the most other Presidents. I'm not seeing a greater threat from nor a more burning mess in he Middle East now than during the previous administration. It actually seems to be quieter.

Environmental policies are a complete fail, but maybe your kids children can find a new planet to live on in the suburbs.

Our environment is fine. We are not in charge of every one else's.

For a guy that claimed to get in to solve the immigration problem, he has just made a big fat mess of it, the problem expanding under his administration.

I thought the number of border crossings is down,

If he is the best ever, why do all the truly quality people run for the door after a short visit to the circus and we are left with countless temporary appointments and a nut job rogue lawyer handling foreign policy.

They are replaced with other quality people who don't try to undermine him.

If all you care about is your bank account and a lower tax bill if your a higher earner, then your narrow vision sees what it’s capable of seeing, nothing off to the side or in the future.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The whole spectrum of our society is doing better. If you're concerned about the national debt all of a sudden, it had already been unsustainable under normal conditions. The only way to have brought it under control is cut a lot of program spending and limit the federal government to only programs that are allowed to it under the Constitution, and to allow the economy enough freedom to produce enough wealth to create the revenue necessary to actually make payments on the debt rather than only on the interest.

Trump's main contribution to the spending problem was the money for the military. That is actually a constitutionally legitimate expenditure. And it was so large because the military had been underfunded. He is not as gung ho about the other giveaways that have been the hallmark of federal spending, though he may have given away a few goodies that he shouldn't. But he has fulfilled a great deal of what is needed to increase government revenue without crushing taxes that would shrink the overall economy.